In this class you’ll be using watercolor washes, water soluble pencils, and wax based colored pencils to expand your style. Washes let you to cover larger areas quickly, and the wax-based colored pencils and water soluble pencils allow you to show more expressive line work. Working in a series gives you the opportunity to experiment with different views, compositions and ways of working with the materials. You will get to know your subjects intimately and have more options about how you choose to represent them. We will start our process with exercises to help you get familiar with the materials. All experience levels welcome. Our class will be on Zoom, a video chat software that is really easy to use. Just download the app on your device (desktop computer, laptop, or tablet). I will provide you with a link before class time. Click on it when class begins, and you are in! Four 2-hour sessions. Maximum of 8 students. (Please sign up no later than noon February 7th to insure time to receive class link)
*To reserve your place in any class, payment must be received at the time of registration.
*For a refund on any of our classes, we will need to be notified at least 48 hours in advance of the first class.
***All Students get 20% off purchases made while enrolled in a class***
For your complete material list - please click on "REQUIRED MATERIAL LIST" above.
REQUIRED MATERIALS LIST:
• 2 sheets full sheets, Arches 140lb hot press or Fabriano Artistico 140lb. hot press, watercolor paper (each cut into 4 pieces, 11 x 15” size)
• Some water soluble colored pencils (at least 3 to use as primaries or a small set) I recommend Derwent Inktense brand
• Some wax based colored pencils—I recommend Prismacolor Premier or other professional grade
• Water soluble graphite pencils (light and dark wash) one each
• Metal Pencil sharpener
• Basic watercolors (Any good student or professional grade set will do, tubes or pan paints)
• One plastic palette for mixing colors
• watercolor brushes (10 round, and 1” flat) plus others if you have them
• Any other water soluble materials that you might have already
• masking tape and paper towels
• cup for water
• board for working on
• Photos to work from if you need them