The structure of this class will be weekly classes on Zoom. Each week when we meet, I will present a fun project challenge which we will discuss, start, and that you can work on through the week. The following week we will meet (again virtually) to present the work done, talk about your experience with it, and receive the next weekly challenge. The focus of the projects will be to provide an opportunity for more exploratory watercolor work—and to get you thinking about fun and different ways to approach this medium. We will explore clouds, getting inspiration from famous artists, figurative, and narrative work. The class will provide a venue for both a creative and social opportunity. It is helpful to have some watercolor experience, but all experience levels welcome. Zoom is really easy to use. Just download the app on your device. I will provide you with a link before class time. Click on it when class begins, and you are in! (Please sign up no later than noon April 6th to insure time to receive class link) Maximum of 8 students. Four 2-hour sessions.
REQUIRED MATERIALS LIST:
• Watercolor Brushes: #4 round, #10 round, and 1” flat brush for washes
• One set of watercolors: Daniel Smith, Qor, M. Graham, Yarka, Windsor Newton, or others.
• Watercolor paper: 2 sheets 22 x 30 Arches cold press 140lb or Fabriano Artistico 140 lb.(cut into 6ths, 10 x 11” size or quarters, 11 x 15” size)
• One plastic palette for mixing colors, recommend Sumi plastic or other deep well palette with at least 6 wells
• Some boards for mounting paper
• Masking tape
• Paper towels
• Any other watercolor supplies that you have
***All Students get 20% off purchases made while enrolled in a class***