Have some fun with the transparency and looseness of watercolors. The emphasis will be on learning and using watercolor techniques to expand the ways you can express yourself. Each class will include exploratory exercises to build skills and gain experience. With watercolor there is no time to overthink and you are never quite in complete control. So leave perfectionism behind, and enjoy learning about the beauty of watercolor. This is a beginning class. No experience necessary. Four 2.5-hour sessions. Maximum of 6 students.
- Watercolor Brushes: #4 round, #10 round, and 1” flat brush for washes
- One set of watercolors, Qor, Daniel Smith, M. Graham, Cotman, Koi, or yarka (If you are going with professional grade paints, you can get by with a few tubes of paint. Primary colors will give you the most options.)
- 1 sheet 22 x 30 Arches 140 lb. hot press. (cut into quarters: 11 x 15” pieces)
- AND 1 sheet 22 x 30 Arches 140 lb. cold press. (cut into quarters: 11 x 15” pieces)
- Fabriano Artistico can be substituted for Arches.
- One or two plastic palettes for mixing colors, I recommend Sumi plastic or other deep well palette with at least 6 wells
- a small bottle of frisket and a very cheap small brush to apply it
- one black sharpie, extra fine
- one oil pastel stick—your choice of color
- board to tape watercolor paper to. (MDF or similar 12 x 16 or larger)
***All Students get 20% off purchases made while enrolled in a class***