The structure of this class will be weekly classes on Zoom. Each week we will meet virtually with your device. I will present a fun project challenge which we will discuss, start, and that you can work on through the week. The following week we will meet to present the work done, talk about your experience with it, and receive the next weekly challenge. The focus of the projects will be to provide an opportunity for more exploratory watercolor work—and to get you thinking about fun and different ways to approach this medium. In this project class, we will explore surface and texture, depicting water, understating imagery with minimal representation and more. The class will provide a venue for both a creative and social opportunity. It is highly recommended to have some watercolor experience, but all experience levels are welcome. Zoom is really easy to use. I will provide you with a link before class time that you can click on it when class begins, and you are in! Maximum of 8 students. Four 2-hour zoom sessions. (Please sign up no later than noon July 6th to insure time to receive class link)
*To reserve your place in any class, payment must be received at the time of registration.
*For a refund on any of our classes, we will need to be notified at least 48 hours in advance of the first class.
***All Students get 20% off purchases made while enrolled in a class***
For your complete material list - please click on link
REQUIRED MATERIAL LIST
• Watercolor Brushes: #4 round, #10 round, and 1” flat brush for washes, one rigger or liner brush
• One set of watercolors, your choice of brands (for this class it is helpful to have at least one tube of any granulating color)
• Some Derwent inktense water-soluble colored pencils (your choice of colors)
• Some water soluble crayons (caran d'ache neocolor II) or similar (your choice of colors)
• Watercolor paper: 2 or 3 sheets 22 x 30 Arches 140 lb. cold press (or could try out a sheet of rough) or Fabriano Artistico cold press 140lb. (cut into 6ths, 10 x 11” size or quarters, 11 x 15” size)
• One or two plastic palettes for mixing colors, recommend Sumi plastic or other deep well palette with at least 6 wells
• A couple of boards for mounting paper
• Qor light dimensional ground or similar
• masking tape and paper towels
• cup for water