In this class we will explore and produce elements to use in creating our individual collage pieces. We will look at how we can use line, texture, shape, color, pattern and scale to create unique images with collage. Through various exercises we'll begin to rethink how we approach and start to build our pieces. Come join me online in exploring many different ways we can invent or reinvent the use paper collage, where we can adhere a multitude of possibilities. Leave your decorative papers tucked away and come create something original and all your own. All experience levels welcome. Maximum of 8 students. Two 3 hour sessions (Please sign up no later than noon June. 24th to insure time to receive the zoom class link. Download the Zoom app on your devise and I will send you an email with the link before our first class begins.)
*To reserve your place in any class, payment must be received at the time of registration.
*For a refund on any of our classes, we will need to be notified at least 48 hours in advance of the first class.
Please have the following materials:
- 4-6 MDF boards or cradle boards: recommended that you start small 6” x 6”, 8” x 8” 6” x 8” etc.
- Paper large enough to cover your board (not too thick).ie.-Sturdy drawing papers, like a Canson 1557 pad, mixed media paper, watercolor paper etc.
- 1 sheet of Japanese paper like Okawara or Sekishu paper. (Okawara can be used to cover your boards as well.)
- Any assorted solid color papers you have
- Scissors and/or an exact knife with a cutting board
- A piece of wax paper or parchment paper to cover your table while glueing.
- Gloves if you are sensitive to any of these materials
- Used tea bags (we will deconstruct these and use the papers, (approx. 3.5” x 5.5”) 4-6 bags
- 1 small bottle of acrylic matte medium
- 1 Flat or bright (approx 1/2”wide) stiff acrylic brush to use with the acrylic medium
- Plastic container for water
- A palette or plastic dish or wide plastic lid to mix paint on
- Paper towels
- you can choose any water soluble paint ie, fluid acrylic, acrylic ink or watercolor (tubes or pans)- your choice of colors (at least 3 or more colors) if using acrylic choose one transparent color and a have a palette knife handy
- #6 or #8 round synthetic mixed media brush or a bamboo brush if using watercolor
- 2 or more Caran d’Ache II water-soluble crayons (at least two colors of your choice)
- 1 water-soluble graphite pencil (medium or dark)
- 1 General Layout pencil or comparable
- 1 or more brush pens- your choice, Faber Castell pitt pen, Pentel Brush pen (black),
- Tombow-Dual Tip, Zig Brushables etc.
- printed text, rubber stamps, printed images (computer), printed text (repurposed books)
- any other tools you like to use for making marks, any pens that you have that you like to draw with etc.
- Titanium white acrylic- Golden fluids or heavy body paint
- A small spray bottle for water
***All Students get 20% off purchases made while enrolled in a class***