Discover your own personal style and imagery while exploring the beautiful transparent properties of this traditional medium of beeswax and damar resin. In this class we will create our own unique visual language using mixed media and collage with encaustic wax medium. Come prepared to experiment. Expand your toolbox as we learn to use watercolor, graphite, pen and ink, pastels, and various paper surfaces to create color and texture in new and different ways! All levels of experience welcomed.
Maximum of 6 students.Two 4-hour session.
- encaustic medium, encaustic equipment and tools, incising tools, some mixed media to use with the encaustic medium & tea bags.
- Please bring:
- 1 - 2 cradle boards no larger than 6” x 8” or 8” x 8”approx. or mdf boards
- 1 large sheet of Mi Tientes (neutral shade) or several 8.5” x 11”
- 1 - sheet sekishu paper
- 2 - oil pastels (any color)
- 2 or more Caran d’Ache II water-soluble crayons
- 1 regular drawing pencil of HB graphite pencil
- 1 water-soluble graphite pencil -medium or dark
- glue stick
- drawing tools
- watercolor paints
- decorative papers
- xerox copies
***All Students get 20% off purchases made while enrolled in a class***