Copic Sketch markers are alcohol-based, equipped with both a Super Brush soft brush nib and a Medium Broad chisel nib. They are ideal for rendering, design, animation, graphic novel illustration, manga, fine art and craft projects. They will bleed through some papers and function best on ultra smooth card. We recommend Canson XL marker paper, Borden & Riley Paris paper, and Strathmore marker paper.
The Sketch line has the widest range of color choices, and they are refillable.
Our Copic Sketch Markers are always on sale at $6.95 each. Receive an additional 15% off if you buy 12 or more.
Copic set the standard for quality artist pens. Their combination of a broad nib and soft synthetic brush nib allow for a multitude of drawing effects including wonderful feathering. They have the largest selection of alcohol-based colors that are water color like and blend amazingly well. Their nibs are replaceable and ink refillable, reducing their cost over time.
Copic uses a color code system of one or two letters followed by numbers. The letter(s) represent the color family. The first number represent the blending group. The higher the number the more saturated the color. The second number represents the value or shade. The lower the number the lighter the shade.
The best colors to blend together are markers within the same color family and a few shade numbers apart. As an example colors E29, E27 and E25 will all blend together nicely. They share the same color family E - Earth Tones, and each marker is a few numbers apart from the others.
You’ll want to pick out two to three shades within each color family for color families that apply to the subject of your art. The shades should be a few numbers apart to give you good blending possibilities. You can easily make a nice basic set from 16 to 24 markers. And, there are several 12 and 24 Copic Marker Sets to get you started.
• Copic Ciao Markers: The Ciao line of markers offers a similar experience as Sketch, but at a slightly lower price and quality level.
• Copic Classic: The Classic line is Copic’s original model of marker and has been around for decades.
• Copic Wide: These fine markers have a huge 3/4 inch wide nib. They’re the best choice for a consistent stroke and color over large areas.
• Colorless Blender: A transparent alcohol-based liquid that matches the alcohol in Copic inks. A tool all by itself to lighten and blend.
• Airbrush System: Insert a marker and apply the ink like an airbrush. It allows you to color a variety of surfaces and textures.
Yes, once dry the ink is permanent on most surfaces. They are non-toxic and acid free.
Yes, when the alcohol in the inks evaporate they are waterproof.
We are a family art supplies store in Eugene, Oregon. Through our website you can buy online wonderful creative materials to satisfy all your artistic needs. We’ll quickly ship to you via select ground shipping or you can pick up in store if you happen to be in the neighborhood.