Always wondered what encaustic wax medium was all about? In this class we will start from the beginning using simple tools to heat our beautiful transparent medium of beeswax and damar resin.Using drawing tools and a variety of different types of papers we will explore some of the possibilities of this fun medium. Come prepared to experiment. All levels of experience welcomed.
One 4-hour session. Maximum of 6 students.
encaustic medium, encaustic equipment and tools, some mixed media to use with encaustic medium, some oil paints.
- 3-4 mdf boards 5” x 7” or 6” x 8” or small square format if you prefer
- 1 - large sheet Mi Tientes paper (neutral color) or several 8.5” x 11”
- Mi Tientes in several colors
- 2 - oil pastels (any color)
- 2 or more Caran dAche II water soluble crayons
- 1 regular drawing pencil #2 or HB graphite pencil
- 1- water soluble med. graphite pencil
- glue stick
- drawing tools
- watercolor paints
- decorative papers
- xerox copies
***All Students get 20% off purchases made while enrolled in a class***